Aire portu berri batera iritxi kayaka motxila gixan.

Horrela hasten dira nik maite ditudan bidaiak.



Arriving to a new airport with my kayak as a backpack.

This is the beginning of the travels i love.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chile 2009

Here is a video of myself paddling some of the amazing and spectacular rivers of Chile and Argentina. Enjoy!

Video

Chile is a paradise for kayakers, with full of rivers every were.
Pucon is the center of the paradise. After I was working in Peru, a friend of me
asked me to come to work for him in the Futaleufu river. I said YES, Of course !!!
So i took my kayak like my bag and said: "let´s go to Chile".
I didn´t use to much time for paddling allot different rivers on my way, because they were waiting for me in Futa.
Anyway I took my time to stop in Pucon to paddle some of the classic rivers and sections.
Pucon is a big village with foll of kayakers and raft company's. If you are a paddler, it´s a big chance
you gonna find a friend you haven't  seen in a long time.
It´s like the worlds meeting place for paddlers.
After a week full-on in Pucon, I left for go to Futa more south of Patagonia.
This year it was raining allot, so the river was even bigger than normal.
I stayed in Futa working as a safety kayaker for 3 month, but it was a quiet season with not allot trips in the weeks. So we spend the time kayaking just for fun.
In the end I finished my travel in the mythic Rio Baker. I will never forget this river and I look forward to paddle it again.



                                      Rio Puesco





                                      Saltando Ojos





                            Fly Gorge en Futaleufu





          La Cocina de Fly Gorge    Fotos By Netta HÃ¥nsnar




                 Rio Trancura   Foto Arnaud Thomas




                 T.N.T   Rio Futaleufu




                Where I am ? ...    Trono in Futa




                        Entrada del Infierno Futa




                      Rio Baker      Foto : Jakub Sedivy




Gael Caride Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment